Monday, July 2, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

I promise I'm going to get better at updating this thing...I'm WAY behind - so far, you've missed a wedding, an engagement party, a Dallas trip and our 5th anniversary!  I'll catch you up soon!  :)

I've also realized how much better my memory is when I blog about something - this really has turned into my own little scrapbook.  Something about writing it down and then being able to recall from the pictures. 

Now, to hold you over in the meantime a few miscellaneous thoughts.

1.  I cleaned out my attic a couple of weekends ago.  Actually, that's probably giving myself a little too much credit.  I started cleaning out my attic a couple of weekends ago.  It's amazing what all I've saved over the years...examples: 

Exhibit A - My very first driver's license.  I had originally posted this on Instagram & Facebook, but thanks to my dad for reminding me to be careful about putting private info out there!!!


Exhibit B - My Wrangler boots...




For those of you not from the lovely state originally, this is what they looked like in action (must be blury because we were moving so quick):



Exhibit C:  Various old work paraphernlia:


2.  Poll Question:  I love my iPad...like close to the same level as I love chocolate...BUT Tim and I just booked a big beach vacation and the only thing that drives me crazy is not being able to read on it outside (yes I know - very first world problem of me).  I'm thinking about splurging for a Kindle, but Tim thinks I'm nuts to have two eReaders.  I know it would sync my spot between a Kindle and my iPad - I do it now to read on my phone sometimes.  And even though it may seem silly, my dream vacation is parking myself under the sun with a good book and I feel like there have been several opportunities where I've not had anything to read b/c I stopped going to the library (download books for free!) and my iPad was too hard to read.  Any body else use both?  Other suggestions???   

I think Tim should have known I'd be a two eReader kind of girl....this is what he bought me for Valentine's day:


3.  Speaking of books, if you were a fan of the Hunger Games, you really should read Divergent by Veronica Roth.  I read book 2 of the series this weekend and couldn't put it down.

Book 2 - Insurgent
Definitely a quick, easy read which are my #1 and #2 criteria for summer books!  As a quick plot summary - the book is based in the future and the world has been divided into factions based on what each of the people value.  Candor (honesty), Dauntless (bravery), Abnegation (selflessness), Erudite (intellegence), Amity (peace).  It is interesting to think about and see how although each of the values are important, there can also be too much of a good thing.  Makes you think, but not TOO hard.  I probably would put myself with the Erudite - too bad they're pretty much the villains in this series!  Now, I have to wait forever for Book 3 to come out.

4.  Also, speaking of vacations, I think I'm completely spoiled this year!!!  Here are a few of the places I'm looking forward to in the next few months......


I cannot wait!!!!

Hope everyone has a great holiday!!!

No comments: