Monday, October 31, 2011

Adventures in Cooking - Green Chile Chicken

In case you missed it, we kind of like Mexican at our house.  We do some variation of tacos, Chicken Tamale Casserole, or breakfast burritos weekly (and that's usually in addition to our Moe's runs...don't get me started on that obsession).  This recipe is SUPER healthy, SUPER cheap, and SUPER easy.  All pluses in my book!  We keep frozen chicken on hand and I've stocked up a few cans of green chilies, so as long as I've remembered to defrost, this is an easy go-to in a pinch.

(Recipe found from Cooking Light)
Step 1 - Cover chicken* with lime juice and taco seasoning

*The recipe calls for chicken thighs, but we used chicken breast - leaner and it ends up being very moist

Step 2 - Split chilies in half and cover chicken, cover with foil & bake for 30 min at 400 degrees

Step 3 - Sprinkle cheese on top and bake uncovered for additional 5 min  - I also turn the broiler on the last minute or 2

Step 4 - ENJOY!

I like to serve with black beans
Hope you give it a try!

No comments: